Monday 3 March 2014

Introductions

Welcome to my blog! I'm glad that you have found me and I hope you will find something of interest to you here. I'd like to introduce myself and what this blog is going to be about.


My name is Laura Slowe and I am a sister of Avalon and trainee Priestess of the Goddess living in Folkestone, Kent. I was drawn to the Avalon tradition and the Lady of Avalon through the writings of Kathy Jones, a wonderful experience at the Glastonbury Goddess Temple and of course, a deep heart connection to the Goddess in all Her forms, but especially the Lady of Avalon.


Although my heart is in Avalon, my physical body cannot always be there. Therefore, I have decided to help bring the love and worship of the Lady of Avalon and Goddess in all Her fullness here to my home county of Kent.


For those of you who do not know, the Lady of Avalon (also known as Nolava) is the Goddess of the Isle of Avalon, who is embodied in the landscape and energy surrounding Glastonbury. She is in everyone and everything. Within the wheel of the year She is all Goddesses and all seasons. Alongside my work with Nolava, I also work with Goddess in Her archetypes as Maiden, Lover, Mother and Crone; as Mother of Fire, Water, Earth and Air; and I sometimes work with Goddesses from other lands too. Most recently these goddesses have included Kuan Yin and Hél.


Within this blog I will be sharing my experiences of my work with Her and with all Goddesses. I will also be reviewing books I have read, sharing websites I have come across and anything Goddess related in my life.


In addition to my work with Goddess, I am also a crafter and I love to crochet and make things. Hopefully you will enjoy seeing the items I have made and that might even entice you to my shop ;-) I should also warn you that I adore animals, especially my pet rats and there will be lots of photos that I will be sharing with you all.


Thank you for finding this blog and my website. I hope that you will find something here to inspire you.


Love and blessings


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment