Tuesday 4 March 2014

Folkestone labyrinth

Today I went for my usual walk along the seafront but due to leaving my wellies in the car (which are now at work with my husband!) I veered off my usual route along the tide line. I wandered my way along the promenade and made my way up to the labyrinth at the end of the coastal park.


View up the promenade
 I count my blessings everyday that I have such beautiful and energetic places literally right on my doorstep.

Despite the definite chill in the air, the weather today is stunning. The sky is bright blue and there's hardly a cloud in the sky. The sun is full and warming and I feel like spring is finally on the way. Daffodils and crocuses are everywhere and there are pairs of birds building needs and singing to each other. A bonus sighting was a squirrel!


See how lovely the day is!


Folkestone Labyrinth with the sea in the background!


Folkestone's labyrinth is an art installation designed and created by Clare Danstead for Shepway District council in 2008. Don't let its modern origins dissuade you from making a visit- it is small but beautiful and it has a really lovely energy to it. It has been well used and is in a visually gorgeous location. There is also parking nearby. In better weather I hope to walk it barefoot, but today it's just my trusty trainers and I. Walking labyrinths is something I really love to do, be they large or small. The intentional repetition is very soothing and I like the physical action of walking inwards, shedding things which no longer serve us as you approach each level. It is a humbling and cleansing experience. After spending some time in the centre, I retraced my steps to exit. Again I really enjoy the feeling as you walk out, opening back up and taking up things which will serve and make us stronger.

Every labyrinth experience is different. Sometimes I have been left feeling raw and vulnerable, but on other occasions I have felt free and joyous. Today's experience has left me feeling energised and motivated – something I definitely need at the moment! I plans in the future to either use this labyrinth for a ceremony or find a large, indoor space to create a larger and intricate design. It's very exciting making plans!

I hope you all have a fabulous day.
Sending lots of love and blessings to you all

Laura
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment