Friday 14 March 2014

A trip to Glastonbury!

Today my husband/chauffeur kindly drove me down to Glastonbury for circle number four of the second spiral Priestess training. We had a pretty good run down, arriving here in Glastonbury in just under 3 hours and 40 minutes. The land has been utterly covered in thick fog and a wintry chill has returned to the air.

I am being a temple melissa today, so we decided to get here nice and early. Since the traffic was so nice to us, we have time to spare and have decided to come to Chalice Well. I don't get time to come here too often due to time constraints during my training, but I always try to make the most of it when I do. It's quiet, since the well gardens have just opened and I am really enjoying having the place almost to myself. My husband has gone off for a walk, leaving me quite alone to write this blog post and to think. All the daffodils and narcissus are in bloom- gorgeous, yellow and orange trumpeters announcing the arrival of spring. Interspersed with them are some primroses and late snowdrops. The trees are greening and the other plants are starting to grow. Seeing nature come back to life after the long winter is beautiful! Unfortunately I have broken my iPhone, so I can't take any pictures. Hopefully it will be fixed soon though and picture posts will commence.

From my seat here at chalice well I can hear and see the birds. They are choosing their mates, building their nests and busying themselves with the tasks of spring. The mists of Avalon are even denser here, than the fog was on our journey down. The tor is utterly obscured and it seems apt that this has happened this weekend, when we are journeying through the mists to Avalon. The low visibility is giving a magical hue to everything. As things come into view and then disappear into the mist, it is almost as though Goddess is deciding what we can see and when.

Another exciting thing that has happened this week, is that my ticket arrived yesterday for the Goddess conference. I am being a conference melissa, which means I will be working in exchange for my ticket. It's going to be hard but incredibly worth it.

I am feeling incredibly blessed with my life right now.

Love and blessings

Laura
xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment